Site Engineering Team Leader
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240952
Primary Location: United States-New York-Bohemia
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Specialist Supervisor is a first-line supervisory position that reports to the Solutions Operations Manager and manages between 8-22 engineering staff (Engineering Specialists and System Specialists). The Specialist Supervisor must possess a technical working knowledge of building automation systems for semi-complex and complex building automation projects. Also capable of selecting the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solutions. The selected candidate will provide technical support to design, sales, and/or other departments.
• Supervises the activities and performance of the engineering team members. Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects in assigned geographic area or location. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates. Supervises engineering activities including submittal preparation, material ordering, shipping, labor plans, job folder updates and re- estimates.
• Provides direct employee mentorship, and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensure implementation of engineering related division productivity tools.
• Actively coordinates engineering activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
• Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers
• Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction.
• Coordinates plan discrepancies or changes to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
• Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
• Assists in the preparation of information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to the Project Manager.
• Author and track Requests for Information (RFI)
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Education
• Requires two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in Engineering or Project Management of Building Automation (DDC) Systems and 3yrs supervisory experience
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Must have valid state driver’s license and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here