Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 240965
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
As a Senior Proposals Manager of Sales and Marketing, you will function with the AGT (Aeroderivative Gas Turbine) Product Line of Distributed Generation (SDO) Business Unit in the Siemens Gas and Power Services Division. The position is based within the Modification and Upgrades Program (M&Us) proposals team.
You will provide bid support and sales expertise to deliver order intake in a challenging environment. Working on projects that form part of a global sales pipeline in excess of 1 Billion USD, the role is pivotal in supporting a globally dispersed team of Regional Sales Managers in consultative sales activity, creating proposals that offer order winning value propositions, on time, and of exemplary quality. As a Proposals Manager, you will lead and be accountable for bringing together multiple cross functional teams to define and develop project proposals and contracts. You will lead the process (under the PM@Siemens model) from a Request for Quotation, development of the value proposition and progression of the business case for internal approval through to delivery of the value proposition to the customer.
- Understanding Customer needs and business drivers and translating these drivers into a coherent Sales Strategy
- Evaluation of Customer requests for quotations and the formulation of technically and commercially compliant and competitive proposals
- Preparing appropriate proposal cost and margin analysis, project and business risk analysis, bid approval and handover documentation as required by the Business Approval Authorities
- The preparation and presentation of proposal documentation for the product Line, regional entities and the Customer Leadership and influence across cross functional teams & multiple product line teams (as necessary) to ensure consistent On Time Delivery to the Customer
- Management of the bid preparation process
- Management of the project handover process to project execution in the Region and Business Unit
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business related.
- 8+ years of relevant experience preferably with gas turbines service sales & proposals.
- Sales/Proposals/Application Engineering experience in the Oil and Gas, Power Generation or Service Industry preferably handling proposal preparation for extended scope and or turnkey solutions.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written at all levels (internal and external)
- Strong Analytical and computer skills
- Strategic thinker
- Willingness to work flexibly and travel at short notice
- 30% travel required
- Strong customer focus and passion for delivery
- A working knowledge of commercial terms and conditions for services is preferred
- Ability to work within a large matrix organization
- Experience of international, cross cultural sales would be an advantage
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- MBA desirable
- A second language, although not essential, may be an advantage
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.