Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 240973
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
This position is in the Walpole Manufacturing Support Technical Operations Department overseeing the troubleshooting in the manufacture of immunoassay products for ADVIA Centaur Systems and Atellica IM diagnostic products.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Supervisor, Technical Operations, you will be responsible for:
- You will lead a team of 3+direct reports
- You will lead investigations in to manufacturing support of the Fertility and Anemia assay portfolios with growing responsibility to include newly launched assays.
- You will communicate and coordinate with work centers requiring technical assistance on provide resolution
- You will write Quality Notification and/or provide technical review
- You will create and participate in the design of experiments to troubleshoot manufacturing issues with junior members.
- You will coordinate data analysis and write internal reports and documentation as needed
- You will ensure career development of direct reports
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Proficiency with statistics and Minitab statistics software is desirable
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Immunology
- 3+ Years job related experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Efficient decision making
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work as a project leader as well as independently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.