Power System Consultant
Business Unit: Digital Grid
Requisition Number: 240984
Primary Location: United States-New York-Schenectady
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
We are helping to build the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're an electrical transmission / distribution expert, we have a place for you.
You will perform large-scale simulations of electrical transmission systems for clients such as power producers, independent system operators, and transmission providers to develop solutions for safe and reliable, state of the art power system operations.
Job responsibilities will include the application of power systems planning principles, simulation and analysis of power system steady state and dynamic behavior, development of mathematical models for reliability assessment of electrical networks, and delivery of on-site technical consulting/training services.
What can you expect your average day to be like?
- Work on small to medium-sized, semi-complex, dynamic consulting projects.
- Analyze customer's business requirements and application objectives and develop and apply methodologies to meet customer's needs.
- Conduct periodic status checks with management to report progress against plan. Also, anticipate and report potential problems in the project execution.
- Support development of project plan incorporating all project variables.
- Produce draft reports and presentations with study results for the review of supervisors. May participate in pre-sales support as needed.
- Manage client engagements and proposal generation functions to deliver consulting services, as per quality standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Power Systems Engineering with practical experience in using advanced power system analysis tools.
- 5+ years experience including engineering internships.
- Advanced knowledge of transmission system planning or operations with experience analyzing power flow, transient stability, and electromagnetic transients.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to present findings clearly via written reports and in-person presentations
You'll move to the front of the pack if you have:
- Programming skills
- Experience in other related fields, such as distribution, market analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of PSS/E, PSS®SINCAL or PSLF
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. As a global leader, with Siemens you'll have the opportunity to travel the world.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.