Zone Automation Engineer - Southeast
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 240988
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Saint Rose
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Tallahassee, United States-Louisiana-Lafayette, United States-Alabama-Pelham, United States-Florida-Winter Park, United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Uses company tools and operating protocols to support the basic building automation, fire alarm and/or security systems design in new and existing facilities.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walk- throughs.
- Designs basic systems for standard facilities which, depending on the system type, valve and damper schedules, fire alarm detection and notification layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Assists with analyzing plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Ensures proper types and sizes of basic products.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in basic commissioning and validation.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Assists with peer review of engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Assistants, or assumes the duties of Engineering Assistants.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Minimum of Associates Degree in business related technology, e.g., mechanical or electrical design or engineering, or related field/equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, and business operations preferred.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting demands and competing priorities from customers and internal partners to consistently manage time effectively and meet established deadlines.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.