Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 241004
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Software Developer III
Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, creating products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
Working in the city as a Software Developer at Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will collaborate on our flagship System One product line and participate within interdisciplinary teams and with our global partners. Within our dynamic open office environment, you will contribute to the enhancement and creation of products and applications for the commercial HVAC market. There are growth opportunities within our team structure and an ongoing mission to learn many of the newest technologies.
- Proficient in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large building automation systems.
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate with product marketing or Senior Engineers to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose and implement product designs.
- Contribute and review software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Collaborate and contribute in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Comply with and enhance documented Siemens development processes.
- Advanced understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW products, design, and development.
- Participate and propose design alternatives via prototyping, pair programming and expert reviews.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
- Ensure that secure coding practices are followed.
- Some travel required (~10%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#, .NET, C++, Java). .NET Core a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS) a plus.
- Experiencing working with a development and debugging environment (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Node.js). Microsoft Visual Studio a plus.
- Practitioner of proven development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Strong focus on delivering quality and utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
- Hands-on experience with current source code control and application lifecycle management systems. IBM Jazz SCM and git a plus.
- Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
- Experienced practitioner in agile development approaches with clear understanding and proactive execution for personal responsibilities.
- Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Actively shares knowledge and expertise with fellow team members.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
- Knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.