Business Unit: Siemens Healthineers
Requisition Number: 241019
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Other Locations: United States-Massachusetts-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
- Work with key external suppliers to ensure the robustness of their processes and adherence to FDA and ISO 13485 quality system requirements.
- Apply advanced specialized technical knowledge to a broad range of problems.
- Participate in and conduct SWARM and Root Cause Analysis sessions.
- Design and conduct experiments to identify process issues related to undesirable product performance, and identify resolutions for those issues.
- Apply principals of lean manufacturing and drive continuous improvement activities to meet quality, cost and supply requirements.
- Conduct/direct needed validation and verification activities to ensure project completion within expected parameters and time frame.
- Must be able to verbally communicate clearly and directly with suppliers, colleagues, and upper management.
- Must also be able to provide well-written, coherent progress updates, as well as validation plans and reports.
- Participate in supplier audits
- Chair the OEM Blood Gas, Coagulation and Urine Sediment Product Support teams
- Spearhead the change management process with OEM external supply base
- Act as Siemens point person for all OEM external supplier validations (review protocols and test reports to ensure robustness of validations)
Drive productivity initiatives with suppliers.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and ExperienceEducation:Mechanical Engineer or Chemical Engineer degree or equivalentProven experience in the following areas:
- Manufacturing process integration
- Successful troubleshooting, root cause analysis and resolution of manufacturing issues
- Excellent business interactions with key suppliers
- Experience in medical device industry and in conducting audits (Internal or Supplier) strongly preferred
- Very organized and highly self-motivated
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Highly effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments
- Works well with people from other cultures
This position will require domestic and international travel.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:Knowledge of medical devices, Lean/Six Sigma certifications a plus