Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 241037
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
• Strong experience in developing in vitro diagnostic assays.
• Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives, particle surface chemistry, statistical analysis, design of experiments and six sigma techniques.
• Effective team work, networking and ability to take initiative
• Must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan.
• Lead role in assay development projects from conception (sourcing raw materials) to completion (transfer to manufacturing and commercialization). Is responsible for overall success of the project.
• Deliver well-characterized and robust processes to Manufacturing.
• Conduct extensive lab work designing and executing experiments, and analyzing resultant data.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
• Successfully define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• May develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
• Identifies resource needs and may develop justification.
• Advanced Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry, or related scientific discipline; Ph.D. strongly desired.
• A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, or Diagnostics.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative.
• Appreciation of process quality and specifications as a requirement for manufacturing
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.