Estimator - Building Automation - Richmond, VA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241039
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The primary responsibility of the Building Automation Sales Estimator is to complete sales estimates for the sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, and associated activities. The secondary responsibility is sales support for our Building Automation sales team, which includes design assistance and consulting to owners, engineers, and mechanical contractors.
- Prepares cost estimates and price quotations on new work, and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations
- Collects information from other functions and vendors to complete sales quotations as needed
- Assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams
- Leads, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for the timely generation and documentation of estimates and quotes utilized in the preparation of proposals for fire solutions and services
- Obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services
- Ensures timely response to sales, allowing for proposal preparation, workability, system operation, cost, and completeness of package given to sales
- Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM) and other activities such as:
- Develop turnover package for sales and operations including:
- Material estimate notes / scope of work
- Specification review notes
- Material estimate broken out by system and qty.
- Optionally at sales or operations request develop additional documentation:
- Specification Comply/Deviate/Exclude report for external use,
- Network architecture schematic,
- System controls schematics, point lists, sequence of operations,
- List price output for open book pricing
- May attend pre-bid meetings and site walk-through to develop deeper customer and project understanding
- Works with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting and order entry
- Maintains complete files for all equipment used to generate quotes and assists in turnover process when quotes become an order. Keep thorough records of all project estimate files including scope of work, system types & counts, plans/spec review, deviations/exclusions, risks/opportunities, network architecture, quotes, etc.
- Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools. Assists with ongoing maintenance of Sales Estimating tools and SAP as needed.
- Work with operations managers to develop and maintain cost trends on closed projects for various cost metrics: cost/sq ft, cost/type of system, cost/point count, etc.
- Work with operations managers to develop labor estimates and provide inputs necessary to accurate estimate and limit scope on labor intensive activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering desired, but will consider candidates with equivalent education and experience (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement)
- 3-5 years experience estimating and quoting building automation systems, but will consider candidates with related experience in a similar industry such as mechanical.
- Must have experience using an Estimating/Quoting system
- Must be able to read plans/specs
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States