Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241056
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Enlighted, we’ve created the most intelligent IoT sensor platform for smart buildings. The Enlighted platform transforms a building infrastructure into a robust, always-on, always-computing, and end-to-end secure sensor platform. Enlighted powers some of the largest global technology, healthcare, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and industrial companies, including 11% of the Fortune 50 and 10% of the Fortune 500. Our platform is installed in over 130 million square feet of commercial real estate. With a rich set of data never previously available, we help our customers transform their businesses and workplaces by visualizing, analyzing, and providing insights with precise metrics around workflow, utilization, location, security, and energy. All of this is enabled through a platform that is so smart, it pays for itself through energy savings.
Enlighted is the leading intelligent IoT platform for buildings, and we are backed by some of the best VC’s in the industry including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
We have won numerous awards including: 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor, CIO Review’s 100 Most Promising Big Data Solutions of 2016, 2015 Cleantech Company of the Year, AT&T Outstanding Supplier Award 2014 and 2015, 2015 UK Rise Awards for Sustainability, and many more.
As a SRE, we know that you are passionate about seamless uptime. You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance. If you also want to join a fast-growing IoT company with the backing of Fortune 500 multinational parent company, work with friendly people, and play with some cool tech, you found the right place.
We’re a Linux shop completely in the cloud. Our core technology is Java on Linux using open source technology throughout the stack. Our IoT systems report in gobs and gobs of data to our cloud for analysis and real time location services. The office is Macs with a few Windows holdouts. You decide which works best for you.
In order to manage these systems you will:
· Utilize your skills in automation, replication and scaling to manage our worldwide deployments
· Write scripts in Ruby, Python, Perl, etc. to build custom tools for automation, replication and scaling
· Build tools to monitor and provide metrics on our systems
· Perform Linux system administration (DNS, NFS, RPM, Apache, LVM, etc.)
· Be able to take a bare-metal server/hardware to fully functional app servers
· Make use of modern tools and orchestration to run release deployments and participate in revising software design to scale and prevent against failures
· Participate in on-call rotation
You have solid production platform experience with:
· Automation – Currently using Ansible.
· Programming in any of Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.
· Multi Data center management, replication, scaling.
· Middleware software such as Nginx, HA Proxy, Consul, terraform or equivalent architectures
· Java applications including JVM performance and tuning
· Metrics and monitoring – writing custom tools and familiar with open source options.
· Linux administration – dns, nfs, rpm, apache, lvm, etc.
Good if you’re familiar with:
· Time Series and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and MongoDB
· Postgres – replication, backups, some light querying
· Networking – Switches, routers, firewalls, vpn, etc
· Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services