Business Unit: Building Technologies (BT)
Requisition Number: 241057
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As a SRE, at Enlighted. we know that you are passionate about seamless uptime. You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve system performance. If you also want to join a fast-growing IoT company with the backing of Fortune 500 multinational parent company, work with friendly people, and play with some cool tech, you found the right place.
Enlighted Inc, is a Linux shop completely in the cloud. Our core technology is Java on Linux using open source technology throughout the stack. Our IoT systems report in gobs and gobs of data to our cloud for analysis and real time location services. The office is Macs with a few Windows holdouts. You decide which works best for you.
In order to manage these systems you will:
· Utilize your skills in automation, replication and scaling to manage our worldwide deployments
· Write scripts in Ruby, Python, Perl, etc. to build custom tools for automation, replication and scaling
· Build tools to monitor and provide metrics on our systems
· Perform Linux system administration (DNS, NFS, RPM, Apache, LVM, etc.)
· Be able to take a bare-metal server/hardware to fully functional app servers
· Make use of modern tools and orchestration to run release deployments and participate in revising software design to scale and prevent against failures
· Participate in on-call rotation
You have solid production platform experience with:
· Automation – Currently using Ansible.
· Programming in any of Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.
· Multi Data center management, replication, scaling.
· Middleware software such as Nginx, HA Proxy, Consul, terraform or equivalent architectures
· Java applications including JVM performance and tuning
· Metrics and monitoring – writing custom tools and familiar with open source options.
· Linux administration – dns, nfs, rpm, apache, lvm, etc.
Good if you’re familiar with:
· Time Series and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and MongoDB
· Postgres – replication, backups, some light querying
· Networking – Switches, routers, firewalls, vpn, etc
· Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Service