Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241059
Primary Location: United States-California-Sunnyvale
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Enlighted, we’ve created the most intelligent IoT sensor platform for smart buildings. The Enlighted platform transforms a building infrastructure into a robust, always-on, always-computing, and end-to-end secure sensor platform. Enlighted powers some of the largest global technology, healthcare, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and industrial companies, including 11% of the Fortune 50 and 10% of the Fortune 500. Our platform is installed in over 130 million square feet of commercial real estate. With a rich set of data never previously available, we help our customers transform their businesses and workplaces by visualizing, analyzing, and providing insights with precise metrics around workflow, utilization, location, security, and energy. All of this is enabled through a platform that is so smart, it pays for itself through energy savings.
Enlighted is the leading intelligent IoT platform for buildings, and we are backed by some of the best VC’s in the industry including Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
We have won numerous awards including: 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor, CIO Review’s 100 Most Promising Big Data Solutions of 2016, 2015 Cleantech Company of the Year, AT&T Outstanding Supplier Award 2014 and 2015, 2015 UK Rise Awards for Sustainability, and many more.
As a database administrator, we know that you are passionate about seamless uptime. You delight in building tools to automate routine tasks and constantly seek new ways to improve database performance. If you also want to join a fast-growing IoT company with the backing of Fortune 500 multinational parent company, work with friendly people, and play with some cool tech, you found the right place.
We’re a Linux shop completely in the cloud. Our core technology is Java on Linux using open source technology throughout the stack. Our IoT systems report in gobs and gobs of data to our cloud for analysis and real time location services. The office is Macs with a few Windows holdouts. You decide which works best for you.
In order to manage our databases you will:
· Help design, configure, and primarily maintain an Apache Cassandra cluster, along with other database clusters such as Postgres and MongoDB
· Analyze data access patterns and identify hotspots and bottlenecks.
· Design and review data models, and help developers plan high performing queries.
· Define and establish best practices with Cassandra, including configuration, monitoring health, and backups of the cluster.
· Manage storage capacity of the cluster and help plan for growth based on future project goals.
· Diagnose and troubleshoot production issues as needed
· Participate in on-call rotation
You have solid production platform experience with:
· Cassandra data modeling and CQL scripting.
· Linux proficiency - as a power user and administrator
· Multi-site database replication, scaling and backups
· Automation – Currently using Ansible and rundeck.
· Programming in Python and scripting in shell
Good if you’re familiar with:
· Postgres – replication, backups, some light querying
· Orchestration using Ansible and other tools such as Rundeck
· Networking – Switches, Routers, Firewalls, VPN etc.,
· Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services