Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241061
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 45%
This position can be located in any major US city.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently seeking an experienced Sales Account Executive to support Electrical Services offerings on a national scale to improve the reliability and performance of the electrical distribution systems for our clients. The preferred candidate will have experience in providing a full range of services including complete electrical distribution system commissioning and start-up services; power systems studies; acceptance and maintenance testing; preventive and reactive services; replacement of existing electrical equipment based on energy and cost avoidance; and financing.
- Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
- Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
- Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
- Maintains relationship with Siemens Low Voltage & Medium Voltage sales teams.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
- Identifies key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
- Communicates marketing programs and product developments to accounts to maximize sales potential.
- Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies.
- Monitors competitor activities and market trends.
- Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
- Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
- Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- Works with both small and large accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
- Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field preferred, however, a combination of education and directly related experience will also be considered (at minimum, a High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required).
- 5-8 years of experience with proven electrical service sales and account management skills preferred.
- Experience in the Electrical Distribution Industry strongly desired.
- Must be willing and available to travel 10%.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years old in order to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Requires high level of technical expertise to effectively and independently estimate and sell electrical system solutions.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.