Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 241062
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Systems and SCADA Security Engineer
The SCADA team in Siemens Gamesa is responsible for SCADA installation, maintenance, network architecture design and sub-system support as part of the Technology Services team. The SCADA networks are used for controlling, operating and monitoring wind energy power plants. A successful candidate has the ability to work effectively and diligently as an individual engineer and team member in front of both internal and external customers. The Systems and SCADA Security Engineer will further enhance the capacity of the team by participating in the design and consultation of security modifications and upgrades.
The Systems and SCADA Security Engineer:
· Supports and consults internal/external customers in implementing the required (software and hardware) product & solution security
- Includes interface to sales for quoting and scope purposes
· Can support multiple projects at the same time
· Coordinates with the Product & Solution Security Officer at regional and global level
· Guide Technological Aspects:
- Specification and maintenance of security requirements for the project. Support for meeting international and regional security standards and regulations (like IEC62443, WIB, NERC-CIP) in the project.
- Planning and performing threat and risk analysis and definition of countermeasures in line with risk acceptance criteria of organization.
- Evaluation of third party components regarding product & solution security.
· Verifies implementation regarding security requirements (e.g. as part of system test, factory or site acceptance test).
· Involvement in the analysis and handling of security vulnerabilities & incidents.
· Contact person for product management, supply management (e.g. during contract negotiation) for security topics. Support for communication with customer (e.g. security-relevant information and available security updates).
Maintenance & Support (Windfarm Operations & Sales)
· Maintain and support the SCADA Systems in North America
· Periodic checkup, track & coordinate with wind farm /Site operation /customer to do proactive maintenance security systems
· Prepare & Maintain technical documentation related to SCADA/Cyber security both for internal (SCADA team, Operation) and for external (customer
Installation & Test
· Travel to wind farms for installation /upgrade of security systems
· Conduct /Perform Factory acceptance test & Site acceptance test for security systems and SCADA
· Deploy cyber security upgrades
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, IT security, Certified Information Systems or related field of study mandatory
· Familiarity with NERC CIP Cyber security for power plants, preferably renewables (Wind)
· Must be familiar with industrial standards protocols – MODBUS, DNP, IEC, OPC
· Strong networking experience (CCNA certification or equivalent)
· Strong Windows Server knowledge (any Microsoft cert preferable or equivalent)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Spanish/Portuguese/English Multilingual is preferable
· Instrumentation related to SCADA /Control systems
· Programming languages – C ,C++ , C#, JSON, CITECT etc.
· Security+, Network+ certifications preferred