Program Manager - Fire and Security Building Technologies - Palo Alto CA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241122
Primary Location: United States-California-Hayward
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Program Manager for our security and fire safety business at a large client campus in Palo Alto, California. This is a great opportunity for someone with security and fire safety management experience to embed with one of our customers and provide great service.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Manage our Security and Fire Technicians providing service to this client (scheduling technicians for installation and maintenance projects).
- Support this customer with product strategies and develop key performance indicators to measure success in obtaining the client's goals.
- Review costs and manage project and service budgets and related cost estimates.
- Communicate proactively with the client daily, updating the customer on installations and service notifications.
- Review and submit information included in Joint Commission Reports.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
Required experience: Successful team-management experience with Security and Fire systems with demonstrable expertise in access control and video systems.
Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Competence in National Fire Protection Association standards and how they are applicable to Joint Commission Life Safety Reports.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, or other related technical field.
- Other preferences:
- C-Cure 9000 Advanced Certified
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.