Service Engineer - District Service Assistant
Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 241137
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Suwanee
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Field Service Engineer Assistant Manager
We are seeking a Field Service Engineer Assistant Manager who demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the commercial and technical service management of turbine and generator equipment.
You will be responsible for the management of all work scopes within the geographical area of assigned
responsibility to include installation, initial testing, operation, maintenance, repair, troubleshooting and modification of customer equipment and systems. In this role, you will report directly to the District Service Manager.
Additionally, you will support the District Service manager to lead the platform team to ensure that all aspects of the customer relationship are maintained. Identifies and manages the resolution of more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Support the customer interface within the assigned district.
• Manage district non-conformance costs and the identification of technical and commercial risks and opportunities.
• Supports the performance of on-site technical and operational support in the design, development, installation and maintenance of equipment and systems of a complex nature.
• Supports the Development of Budgets and business plans to support the current and future workload within the district.
• Supports district’s financial Profit & Loss and required reporting.
• Works with internal and external customers to develop complex maintenance plans.
• Completes the planning and estimating to develop complex proposals.
• Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual guidance throughout task duration.
• Lead the collaboration of the platform team including LTP, Sales, Warranty, and parts to provide “best-in-class” customer service.
• Facilitate District employee development training plans
• Collaborate with other departments to continuously improve Siemens products and service
• Communicate key technical, commercial and customer issues upward to District Management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA in a Business-related field or Engineering
• Minimum 5+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and
• Knowledge as presented above.
• Required to travel up to 25%
• Experience in general maintenance of large gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and associated equipment.
• Experience working with union & non-union labor
• Experience with Primavera and/or Microsoft Project scheduling software
• Experience working in SAP
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.