Field Supervisor - Building Automation / HVAC Controls Technicians
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241140
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Sandy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Are you ready to take the next career leap forward with an international organization that is committed a world-class leader? Siemens is seeking an experienced Supervisor for our Automation Solutions Team in Salt Lake City, UT. This supervisory position leads our team of specialists and technicians that support our customers throughout the Greater Salt Lake City area.
Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for construction and service projects.
Plans, organizes, directs and controls all project activities for assigned projects.
Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds according to plans, resulting from new construction project proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned project work.
Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing financial statements.
Maintains and improves booked margins
Builds and maintains an effective solutions operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
Provides direct employee leadership.Is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training for, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides accurate project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
Monitors, maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Projects.
Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, discrepancies and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations phases of each project.
Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required Experience:
- 2+ years of experience installing or maintaining Building Automation Controls / HVAC Controls.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan, and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Preferred experience:
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Team Management experience preferred
- Two years of Technical Training experience with Building Automation, HVAC or Mechanical systems.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.