Administrative Assistant - R&D
Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 241145
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
As an Administrative Assistant at Siemens Building Product , you will provide support services for the R&D department. This position works with various teams to provide the knowledge, resources, and tools that help Siemens deliver exceptional quality to our clients and supports our growth and profitability. There are three primary areas of focus:
· Administrative Assistance: Provide exceptional administrative assistance to the team by direction of the Head of RnD.
· Office Management: Ensure smooth operation of the day to day activities of the office, working with outside vendors or internal projects.
· Culture Ambassador: Take initiative to guard and promote our ownership culture by encouraging a trusting, respectful, and friendly atmosphere.
- Prepare and process Purchase Orders, Quotes, work orders, internal and external software and hardware orders.
- Route and deliver inter-office and external mail.
- Disseminate information to department personnel & teams.
- Facilitate domestic and international material shipments.
- Arrange and process travel accommodations according to Siemens travel policy.
- Update department organization charts.
- Keep current with company policies and procedures and communicate changes.
- Provide back up support for other Managers, Administrative Assistants and departments as needed.
- Schedule meetings & conference rooms.
- Work with accounts payable & vendors to clear invoice issues.
- Process security badge requests.
- Process phone calls and act as receptionist for visitors.
- Execute administrative procedures for On and Off boarding of employees and contractors.
- Maintain department records.
- Track Department financial charges.
- Process journal entries.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Customer centric service attitude is a must
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with administrative software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.