Project Mgmt Spec 4 (Tech)
Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 241150
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Project Manager – Global Quality Management PMO
This role will have responsibility to lead and manage projects within the Laboratory Diagnostics Quality organization. These projects are focused on driving quality system projects, streamlining and standardizing processes, implementing improvements to productivity, and enhancing partnerships with Laboratory Diagnostics Quality team stakeholders and across the LD functions and Diagnostics.
Facilitate project prioritization activities.
Define scope and magnitude of each project.
Establish business cases, aligning project targets with business goals.
Conduct proactive project risk assessments.
Assess and secure budget and resources necessary to be successful.
- Develop and drive project plans.
Ensure cross-functional collaboration and cooperation.
Implement necessary contingency and mitigation plans.
Communicate effectively to key stakeholders.
Escalate issues in a timely manner to assure expedited resolution.
Assure compliance to standards, laws and regulations.
Ensure appropriate project documentation, including development of Quality Plans, where needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- 8-10 years of experience managing complex projects
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivating and act as a change agent
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- PMP certification
- Root cause analysis
- Risk assessment
- Statistical analysis
- Value stream mapping
- Structured problem solving
- Previous experience or knowledge of accredited quality management standards such as ISO 13485
- IVDD experience