US Customs Regulatory Support Specialist
Business Unit: Accounting, Reporting and Controlling
Requisition Number: 241153
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
This position reports to the manager of U.S. Customs Regulatory Support. Will consider a work location near a major Siemens office.
• Implements standards of US Import Compliance per Siemens Internal Control Program requirements.
• Develop, implement and enforces guidelines, solutions and plans in order to optimize processes in his/her area of responsibility.
• Collaborates with the U.S. Customs Governance team in external and internal audits by Siemens, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and other gov’t agencies. Conduct and monitor Security Risk Assessments.
• Develops and provides training to peers, colleagues, stakeholders and the businesses, as necessary.
• Responsibilities may include the implementation of Customs related processes within the Business ERP system
• Subject matter expertise on US Free Trade Agreements (FTA) and other US Preferential Trade Programs.
• Identifies FTA opportunities based on knowledge of the product and the regulations, which may include support the U.S. Governance team with binding ruling requests, further investigation of the materials, dialogue with the business community or other.
• Drives efficiencies in the annual Siemens supplier Preference Certificate Solicitation process either manually or using the GTM tool.
• Ensure Company’s compliance with U.S. laws governing import, export and trade agreement activities. Monitor usage of Special Provisions (Duty Drawback, Foreign Trade Zones, Free Trade Agreements).
• Work closely and respond, as appropriate, to questions from business stakeholders regarding trade compliance matters.
• Identify, capture, collect, monitor key metrics (KPI’s) for development of business strategies and presentation to management.
• Influence business practices to implement and utilize automated solutions.
• Support implementation of trade compliance applications and solutions for medium-large sized entity.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders (business segment management, department leadership, members of the Customs Team) on cross department activities promoting process optimization.
• BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field will be considered.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of Customs Regulation experience.
• Licensed Customs House Broker is a plus.
• Ability to review engineering documentation (e.g. drawings) and understand bills of material.
• Hands-on Experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP.
• Proficient in utilizing excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
• Project skills; including analytics, implementation strategies, metric measurement and continuous monitoring expectations and deliverables.
• Ability to work independently.
• Conceptual and practical expertise in US Customs Valuation issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal skills.
• Presentation skills.
• In depth knowledge of 19 CFR and US HTS.
• Ability to understand and apply FTA General Notes and Rules of Origin.