Administrative Assistant 3
Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 241211
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Mishawaka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Functional Support position is based in Mishawaka, Indiana and serves as a
critical support function in ensuring the Engineering, Maintenance, and
Facilities operational teams run smoothly. The position provides direct
support to the Director of Engineering for Northern Indiana, and support to
other managerial personnel who report up through the Maintenance and Engineering
Department. The incumbent will be expected to provide accurate, timely,
friendly assistance, facilitation, and coordination, along with conscientious
follow-up; this individual is the ‘control center’. The successful candidate
should be a self-starter, be highly professional, and possess strong
multi-tasking skills. This individual will handle general administrative
responsibilities and contribute to the planning, organization and execution of
a variety of projects and initiatives supporting Northern Indiana Engineering,
Maintenance and Facilities operations.
Administrative Support is responsible for maintaining records, ordering and
sourcing parts and services for the Engineering, Facilities and Maintenance
Departments. This individual will work
with the Engineering and Maintenance Department to ensure maximum
efficiency/effectiveness and regulatory compliance.
Some of the essential duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- General admin support such as: calendars, travel arrangements, expense reports, triaging and escalating priorities, compiling/formatting information, generating and distributing meeting minutes, and handling visitor/guest arrangements
- Day-to-day support of cross-department functions, including departmental mail, incoming phone calls, maintenance of documents such as distribution lists and training records, ordering of supplies, requisitioning IT and Facilities support, booking meeting rooms and catering, and issuing internal department information on behalf of the Engineering/Maintenance and Facilities Departments
- Contributing to key site projects, as assigned
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintains electronic and hard copy files for Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities Records
- Receives Engineering and Maintenance requests from entire business and coordinates execution with area owner
- Assists in planning and tracking Preventative Maintenance and Facilities work orders
- Enters in Purchase Order requests and Work Orders for Engineering and Maintenance Departments.
- Scheduling, meeting, and corresponding with storeroom vendors. Ensuring the proper paperwork and forms are filled out. Ensuring the PO has been received for the quote.
- Obtain quotes and input into SRM software system, or equivalent database. Investigate and solve invoice issues and assist vendors with blocked invoices.
- Perform transactions in SAP software system, or an equivalent database, for items in Storeroom.
- Setting up new vendors in the ex-suite software system, or equivalent software database.
- Payroll administrator for hourly maintenance and facilities hourly employees including validating the accurateness of timecards, PTO, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required
· High school diploma or equivalent
· AA or equivalent (Preferred)
experience in Excel, Word and database management
· Strong information management skills including use of Excel and databases
· Excellent people management skills
· Excellent critical/creative thinking and problem-solving skills (resourcefulness)
· Ability to organize, track and manage a variety of concurrent activities and projects
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Self- directed and able to work independently
· Excellent prioritization and time management skills
· Adaptable to shifting priorities
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to interface successfully at all levels in a multi-cultural environment