Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 241279
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mount Pleasant
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Fossil Operations and Project Service group is seeking a Computer Science/ Engineering Co-Op student to help support this division, be challenged and learn.
The following responsibilities for this co-op are as follows:
- Individual will assist an experienced engineer with a variety of projects from helping to refine existing business critical software to researching ways to leverage technology to create a more efficient work environment
- Candidate will be working with various programming languages depending on the application
- Individual will be interacting with a wide variety of functions including management, professionals and shop floor employees
- This position will be reporting to the Manager of Process and Product Development in Turbine and Generator Specialty Services group
- Work with end users to revise existing legacy software to create a more robust and effective solution
- Work across multiple organizations to streamline the flow of information
- Work with other Co-ops to integrate automation solutions into new or modified tooling
- Provide suggestions on how to utilize some of the emerging technologies to improve operations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidate should have completed at least 2 years of a 4 year computer sciences or Computer engineering program
- Basic understanding and familiarity with at least 2 programming languages
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- any experience in an industrial or warehousing environment would be beneficial
- Candidate would need to be able to travel between multiple Siemens sites in Southwestern Pennsylvania
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- At least 2 years in either Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2 years of general work experience is desirable
- Languages could include for example Python, C, C++, VBA, Java, Etc.