Solutions Business Developer – Electrical Infrastructure Digitalization and IoT
Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 241299
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh, United States-District of Columbia-Washington, United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Digital Solutions and Services business has an exciting new opportunity! If you have a successful track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans, selling complex solutions into strategic accounts, have a passion for driving digitalization and being part of a highly dynamic team, we want to talk to you!
The Solution Business Developer will be responsible for being a highly effective member of the DSS business development organization working with sales teams and business units to develop and drive the mutual success of customers and partners across the United States. This individual will be part of a highly dynamic team within Energy Management division, driving the future of Siemens in the digitalization market.
The primary portfolio the DSS business is focused on is Low Voltage & Products (LP) digitally enabled energy monitoring with devices, smart electrical infrastructure such as sm@rt gear, integrated solutions with commissioning / integration services. Technical knowledge and solution design ability will allow the person to manage our go to market strategy with our customers in collaboration with the sales teams as well as partner with solution partners / integrators, distributors and OEM’s.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
Key responsibility for this role will be to develop and drive core energy monitoring product bookings and integrated LP digitally enabled solution sales covering sm@rtgear systems and commissioning / integration service offerings. Additional objectives of the position will be to work closely construction and industrial sales teams, business development organizations and other businesses within Siemens focusing on vertical market growth and promoting the digitally enabled offering to our customers.
· Manage vertical markets and customers to achieve bookings and sales targets
· Provide excellent speaking and presentation skills to present DSS solutions
· Understand the competitive energy monitoring and sm@rt offerings – can be learned once hired
· Develop a monthly report covering the vertical market overview, sales opportunities, marketing information, competitive information, etc.
· Manage bookings forecast, quote / opportunity pipeline in Siemens Philos system
· Understand electrical one-line, nomenclature, and basic knowledge of low and medium voltage electrical equipment
· Understand Internet of Things (IoT) solution and Siemens offerings (can be learned)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5+ years of experience in business development and/or sales in the areas of electrical infrastructure, software, Cloud or IoT
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing detailed business development plans and or selling complex solutions into strategic accounts
- Measurable results in business development management and closing lead deals with sales
- Broad familiarity with a variety of technologies and expertise in a subset of those Areas of emphasis are:
- Electrical Infrastructure (e.g. switchboards, breakers, meters, relays)
- Vertical market portfolio / solutions / customer needs
- Software Platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, On-premises)
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships and engage at strategic levels across large complex end user organizations, partner organizations, sales organizations and divisional business units
- Excellent public speaking skills complemented by exceptional written and oral skills, along with strong organizational abilities
- Must have easy access to a major airport
- Flexibility in work schedules, including up to 50% travel
- Proven ability to be successful while operating with autonomy
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Working knowledge of electrical infrastructure market
- Experience developing and or selling digital solutions
- Experience in software solutions
- Experience developing and or selling OEM-based solutions
- Deep customer and partner management experience across all levels of an organization (shop floor to CXO)
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing. Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide