Software Developer (Manufacturing) -Olean, NY
Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241304
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/power_gas.html
As a Software Developer (Manufacturing), you will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain C# software applications for manufacturing group.
- Create and maintain databases used by manufacturing group.
- Develop and maintain Siemens NX software applications for manufacturing group.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting customer requirements and utilizing new technology to automate manufacturing processes.
- Identifies and implements improvements to the process, systems or controls which reduce cost, improve product quality and competitive position.
- Clearly and concisely document all software applications to ensure sustainable processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equalivent experience
- 3 years of experience in software programing systems to include C# or other .net applications.
- Understanding of manufacturing industry
- Strong knowledge and ability as a software and database developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Discipline.
- Knowledge of working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access database, tcl/tk
- Knowledge of software support for CNC programming environment.
- Familiarity with Siemens NX Application Development