Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 241307
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Power Generation Services is seeking a Senior EHS professional at its new Orlando West / FAST Logistics Center facility.
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for managing safety OSHA compliance across the facility and its operations and the development, implementation and coordination of environmental programs and policies to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. You will have a direct impact on Business Unit financial performance and must possess and in-depth knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and management methods, along with an ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and influence actions.
You will also serve as a resource to other employees at the location by providing tools to management to maintain a high level of environmental compliance performance; and the safety of employees, visitors, and contractors. Additionally, you will conduct JHA’s (Job Hazard Assessments) semi-annually in each area of the operation.
Annually, in coordination with the various Operational Leads, you are to conduct an operational EHS walk-down of each operational area. The goal of this activity is for you to understand the details of departmental operational flows and be able to modify the respective operational processes to incorporate all possible operational efficiencies and reasonable safety requirements needed to assure sound ergonomics and team safety in the operation.
Both the JHA and EHS walk-downs are to assure that all specified operational steps drafted into our processes are optimized from a safety standpoint.
Measuring performance of facilities’ compliance within the business to establish standards
• GRC Reporting and tracking
• Waste Streams tracking and reporting
• SESIS Reporting
• Annual Waste Stream Summaries
• TIER II Reporting
Occupational health management; including injury reduction, trending and conducting and managing EHS incident investigations, including tracking and record-keeping requirements
• Reporting incidents and actions via KRIMA.
• Aspect Table Review and Update
Demonstrating operational knowledge of facilities by proactively contributing to continuous improvement efforts
• Conduct / Resolution of issues found during departmental Risk Assessments (JHA).
• Track applicable Data for Annual Management Review
• Lead cross functional teams related to EHS targets and objectives
Facilitate EHS training and communications across the organization
• Training in Zero Harm
• Human Performance training
• Annual Safety Training Program management
• Division Level Procedure Reviews and implementation
Establishing audit guidelines and procedures for the facilities
• Review all facility procedures for safety input.
• Maintain and Review all facility wide EHS Procedures.
• Maintenance of all Safety Requirements and Procedures noted on the FAST Website.
• Conduct semi-annual JHA’s on each departmental area semi-annually
Assessing new or existing environmental regulations and determining applicability to the facility
• Serve the Environment actions and projects.
• Environmental waste and recycling efforts
Participating in audit activities, including identification of EHS issues and implementation of corrective actions
• Safety Committee Meetings reports and actions
• Injury Treatment Protocol review and training for Leads.
• Safety Roundtables
• Accident Investigation Forms and reports
• Emergency Response procedures and drills
• Monthly Safety Inspections
• Lifting Product Improvements
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We look for the following to be successful:
• BS in Environmental Health and Safety or related field
• 5-8 years of experience in an EHS role in an industrial environment
• Experience with ISO14001 and ISO18001
• Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional teams and leading EHS targets and objectives
• Proven ability to facilitate training, including presentation development in PowerPoint
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
You will move to the top of the pack with:
• 8+ years of experience in an EHS role in an industrial environment
• Occupational health experience (injury reduction, trending, etc.) preferred
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.