Business Unit: Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 241323
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Cary, United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
This position can be located in Cary,NC, Flanders,NJ,or Tarrytown,NY
We believe healthcare will be digital; Digitalizing healthcare is the most important enabler for expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, and improving patient results. Medical devices contribute to the exponential growth of healthcare data. With more than 240,000 patients every hour benefiting from Siemens Healthineers’ portfolio of imaging and laboratory devices, Siemens is uniquely positioned to unleash the power of digitalization, transforming the very nature of healthcare and wellness.
This position is a customer solution design specialist for Diagnostics IT portfolio of Siemens Healthineers, reporting to the head of IT Portfolio & Product Management in the Lab Diagnostics division’s headquarter. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Assist diagnostics IT sales process, architecting differentiated winning solutions for the assigned complex tenders/RFPs.
- Interact with customer IT departments and technical staff to describe how Siemens Healthineers’ Diagnostics IT solutions will fit within, and will complement the customer’s IT environment
- Subject matter expert in pre-sale technical discussions and tender / RFP responses
- Deep understanding of Atellica® Diagnostics IT products (Atellica Connectivity Manager, Atellica Data Manager, Atellica Inventory Manager, Atellica Process Manager, and PRISCA & Protis Clinical Decision Support) along with Healthineers Digital Ecosystem’s solution offerings for clinical laboratories.
- Ability to conduct customer-centric demos and respond to technical questions.
- Lead customer-centric technical presentations during complex sales processes, including network architecture, data flow, application benefits, security and others.
Ability to translate technical IT requirements into solution offering’s benefits.
Act as coach / subject-matter-expert on clinical lab diagnostics IT workflows across Siemens Healthineers.
Good knowledge of competitive IT offerings and products.
Drive synergy across entire Healthcare digitalization team as well as Siemens IT Solutions and Services department for business success.
Work closely with the Workflow & Solutions PLM, Diagnostics IT product managers and marketing managers, global Lab Diagnostics business management, Healthcare Consultants and sales force to establish and architect the most optimized winning solution.
- Close collaboration with Workflow & Solutions PLM to align on portfolio strategy and product definitions.
- Collaborate closely with Lab Diagnostics HCS head in the headquarters to align consulting engagement strategies.
- Work closely with IT Sales Specialists to align on sales engagement process and tools.
- Effective communications with headquarter, regions, zones, countries, key opinion leaders, and end-users.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Deep understanding of the clinical laboratory’s workflow and role of automation and IT in improving process.
Deep experience with one or more of the following technologies: HIS / LIS / EMR / Middleware, HL7/ASTM, Data Analytics, etc.
Proven expertise in enterprise IT setup, healthcare security, .
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to develop strong relationships with customers, advisory boards, and potential or existing business partners.
Excellent presentation & communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-culturally.
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 8 years of industry experience.
Approximately 20% travel required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Experience in enterprise IT sales or service, covering network solution architecture and system design.
Experience with one or more of the following technologies is preferred: EHR/ EMR/ HIS, LIS, Middleware, HL7/ASTM, Data Analytics etc.
Knowledge of the clinical laboratory industry.
MBA is preferred but not required.
Experience in managing cross-functional teams.
Experience with ‘systems’ business model (versus ‘product’ business model).