Mechanical Design Technician- (CAD)- Houston
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241324
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
As an Mechanical Design Technician, you will be responsible for reviewing customer specifications, checking electrical/instrumentation and controls drawings, Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s), correction of redlines as indicated by design authority, engineer or customer. In addition, the role will support the design engineering team with up to 20% of their time in modeling or drafting in an electronic environment. This position will support the Engineering team on all work associated with our primary distribution systems. The position would be a great fit for someone who would like to use the experience they have in controls drawings and P&ID's and would allow for further growth in the field of design engineering.
• Check all the P&ID’s, wiring diagrams, controls drawings, assemblies before they are reviewed and approved by technical authority. This is checking for syntax, basic drawing requirements, and sound technical layout (ie, speed signal is not connected to a vibration I/O). This role is not responsible for validating whether or not the system appropriately address the overall design performance/functionality (ie, the NH speed signal is required to be sent to the I/O to ensure design works).
• Suggest key performance indicators to monitor and report quality issues with engineering design
• Develop specific checklists as guidelines on how to check drawings
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma is required.
• Up to 2 years of industry knowledge in Oil & Gas Applications
• Able to effectively collaborate with design engineers
• Provide support to other company functions during the manufacturing/development process to bring designs to life
• Must have attention to detail in order to produce accurate work
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, etc.
• Must have demonstratable experience in in CAD-based design programs, electronic modeling.
• Ability to work in PLM2020 / UG and any other formats; AutoCAD and NX
- A Field service background would be a huge plus
- Control Panel Build/Test experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable on Allen Bradley platform is a plus