Product Specialist (Load Centers)
Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 241328
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/energy_ management.html
We are in search of a motivated candidate for residential load centers in the Low Voltage Products business unit of the Energy Management Division located in Norcross, GA. Sufficient knowledge of the residential construction market and an ability to work in a high paced environment will be keys to success for this role. This position will be accountable for setting short-term and long -term strategy, driving product development and life cycle management of load centers. While this is an individual contributor role, you will be taking the lead in cross-functional teams as part of the product lifecycle management. Understanding and interpreting NEC Codes, UL Standards and other related codes and standards will be key to success in this role.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
• Act as an entrepreneurial owner of your product portfolio
• Set business plans and drive activities to realize the targets.
• Manage product life-cycle from gathering ideas to product realization, launch and phase outs.
• Drive cross-functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, and logistics/manufacturing for your product portfolio.
• Create and maintain pricing and positioning for products within your area of responsibility and drive the business results of the portfolio.
• Provide sales and operations teams with the necessary channel-specific value propositions and technical expertise to enable them to meet growth and revenue targets.
• 2+ years combined experience within Electrical Distribution or similar field and a background in: Product Management, Engineering, Technical Support and/ or Marketing.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or similar field. Any candidate actively working towards a Bachelors' degree in process will still be considered.
• Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts.
• Experience collaborating and teaming across different organizations and teams.
• Excellent Project Management skills.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft office products.
• Ability to travel 10%-20% of the time with some travel outside of the United States.
• Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts simply and concisely.
• Knowledge of residential electrical distribution market.
• Basic understanding of financial concepts.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
You will be part of one of the fastest growing and profitable business unit in Siemens USA.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.