Asset Manager – Portfolio & Compliance
Business Unit: Project & Structured Finance Debt - Americas
Requisition Number: 241334
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.
Siemens Financial Services is actively looking for an experienced Asset Manager to join their Project Structured Debt America’s Business Unit. You will be responsible for supporting all Asset Management related activity with a specific emphasis on portfolio monitoring, global compliance and corporate governance.
Primary Responsibilities / Role Details
• Proactively monitor Asset Management team day to day activities to insure alignment with global guidelines, local processes, policies and procedures. Ensure all risk management and financial guidelines are adhered too or exceptions documented & approved.
• Manage end of term negotiations with existing customer relationships as well as remarketing activities related to end of lease asset return or repossession to maximize profitability and/or minimize loss.
• Responsible for maintaining all Asset Management monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
• Assist Senior Asset Manager with review of assets in portfolio for potential risks due to poor or changing collateral values or over exposed residuals, as needed.
• Process various Asset Management administrative tasks such as 3rd party invoice requests, NDA’s, appraisal engagements, publication engagements, asset/contract changes in local CMS, and monitoring and updating of internal asset codes in the ACD system, as needed.
• Manage and develop relationships with appraisers, remarketing companies and experts in targeted markets.
• Assist in the team budgeting and planning process. Complete special projects and other assignments as delegated by management.
• Assist in the preparation of external financial audits (E&Y) or internal audits, by providing necessary reports, reconciliations and documentation as requested. Must be comfortable interacting closely with both internal and external auditors as a key resource for Asset Management.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other operational disciplines (Controls Management, Legal, Contracts, Collections, Tax, Accounting)
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Asset Management, with an emphasis on end of term portfolio management or commensurate experience working in the leasing or financial services industry with a focus on portfolio monitoring, compliance, controls and corporate governance.
• Fundamental understanding of the Asset Finance business and of the methodology of asset valuation according to International Valuation Standards, ASA or RICS.
• Highly motivated, self-starter personality required that enjoys working independently and under high time pressure. Sound judgment and ability to make decisions are crucial.
• High team spirit and ability, to lead, co-ordinate and collaborate are required.
• Strong and proven communication, multitasking, negotiation, and analytical skills.
• Proficient in formulation of spreadsheets, word processing and use of computers.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Willingness to travel occasionally, either domestically and/or internationally.