General Labor #2 (Fabrication Area)
Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 241343
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
What is your role as a general labor employee in fabrication?
You will join the team as an entry level position in our Manufacturing areas. This position will be working in multiple support areas, including material handling, taping, peeling, loading and unloading. You will be working with others to ensure the flow of fabricated parts and bars flow from the Fabrication areas to the Assembly lines.
What are your responsibilities?
- Perform repetitive assembly operations to include:
- Placing parts in specified relationship to each other.
- Bolt, screw or fasten parts together using hand tools or powered tools.
- Test and adjust if necessary
- Load and Unload material in the spraying areas (paint & epoxy)
- Detect, report and document unusual conditions, defective material or specific problems related to quality, safety and delivery.
- Ability to work in a team environment, multi-task, cross-train and perform within production requirements is required.
What required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience do you need to have?
- Must complete and pass Essential Functional Testing
- 1 year of working experience
- Knowledge on operating hand tools
- Able to use measurement equipment
- High School Diploma/GED
What Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience do you have for this role?
- Previous experience in Manufacturing preferred.