6-12 Month Internship - Web Development
Business Unit: Business Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 241371
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
For our Business Process Services team, we are looking for a 6-12-month full-time (40 hours/week) Web Developer Intern in Alpharetta, GA. As a Web Developer Intern, you will lead projects and support our internal customers from the project start until the successful implementation.
- Analyzing and defining business processes to develop innovative and customer specific solutions based on standard platforms. Configure and develop tools.
- With established project management methodologies, extensive testing and continuous quality control you will assure a smooth project process.
- Ability to coordinate complex problems involving various audiences.
- Positively interact with all internal customers
- Creation of professional and technical documents during the requirements phase is also part of your main tasks.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master’s student in Information Systems, IT, or Business with an IT focus is required. Please note, you must still be enrolled as a student during the internship period to qualify for the position.
- Basic knowledge in (Nintex) workflows
- Experience in Source-Code-Management tools such as Bitbucket (Git) or Team Foundation Server
- SharePoint (administration) expertise is highly desirable.
- Basic knowledge in databases
- Solid understanding of business process analysis, design and optimization.
- Results driven and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all stakeholders (team player).
- Professional demeanor, ability to interact and present to upper management
- Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively in order to meet project deadlines
May consider sponsorship of short-term J-1 visa students (6-12months), dependent upon program requirements.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. The company is active around the globe, focusing on the areas of power generation and distribution, intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems, and automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Through the separately managed company Siemens Mobility, a leading supplier of smart mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is shaping the world market for passenger and freight services. Due to its majority stakes in the publicly listed companies Siemens Healthineers AG and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Siemens is also a world-leading supplier of medical technology and digital healthcare services as well as environmentally friendly solutions for onshore and offshore wind power generation. In fiscal 2018, which ended on September 30, 2018, Siemens generated revenue of €83.0 billion and net income of €6.1 billion. At the end of September 2018, the company had around 379,000 employees worldwide. Further information is available on the Internet at www.siemens.com.