Business Unit: EPC Projects
Requisition Number: 241379
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Project Procurement Manager (PPM) Professional
Opportunities are never lost; they just go to someone else. Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity with a global technology leader that continually drives innovation within the Energy industry?
The Siemens Procurement organization is looking for an experienced PPM who will support the Solutions (SO) business in the Americas Region. In this dynamic role, you will be the Procurement lead in the proposal and execution phases for SO projects. You will report to the Project Procurement Manager and will be located at our coproate location of Orlando, FL.
Internal customers include: Bid Management, Commercial Sales, Project Management, Engineering, Project Commercial Management, Transportation.
Procurement organization interfaces: Operational Buyers, Supply Management, Commodity Management, Cost Value Engineering, Procurement Contract Management, Supplier Quality Management.
During project proposal stage responsibilities include:
• Be the single point of contact to Bid Management / Sales teams for SCM (“Procurement”) on proposal efforts
• Analyze customer inquiries during bid preparation and understand / communicate the customer’s project needs to the P organization to enable the team to support the request from a cost, quality, and schedule perspective.
• Identify specific procurement risks / opportunities and understand market forces (with support of the P team) to avoid potential non-conformances and improve Siemens cost positions / benefits to the customer.
• Review and analyze customer contracts to identify areas of concern
• Manage SCM resources to ensure proposal deadlines are met to support Bid Management / Sales
• Support and understand all supplier related costs entered into the sales calculation
• Support the NCM workshops for all onshore projects and lead the P portion of the NCM workshop
• Active participation in the LoA process
• Other responsibilities as needed to support the proposal effort
During project execution stage responsibilities include:
• Oversee the full array of component/services management and supply chain functions of purchasing, contract execution, expediting, inspections and logistics to support project requirements and needs
• Analyze scope of supply, contractual obligations and understand customer’s project needs
• Establish procurement strategies for the management of equipment / services in line with Siemens policy and procedure that optimize quality, cost and timely delivery criteria
• Identify and incorporate procurement risks / opportunities and potential changes / claims are covered in supplier contracts to avoid non-conformances
• Introduce negotiation recommendations to prepare for negotiations with suppliers (back-to-back where appropriate) and to initiate appropriate measures.
• Support the SCM team to secure project targets with optimum conditions on the basis of Total Cost of Ownership (ToCo).
• Follow-up with buyers / suppliers in regard to non-conformance costs (NCC)
• Liaise and interface with Project Management and other procurement department functions for enhancing the projects execution and facilitating the resolution of any related technical or administrative problems
• Proactively ensure status transparency about availability of resources and ensure early alerting in case of deviations
• Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compiling all relevant information to submit qualified reports for the project team, procurement management team (e. g. progress reports, expediting schedules, scorecard and quality plans etc.)
Required Knowledge / Skills, Education and Expertise
We look for the following to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Procurement, Engineering or related field
• 7+ years of purchasing / project experience
• Demonstrated track record of being proactive, self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile
• Highly organized and disciplined working approach
• Excellent communication skills
• Full understanding of early involvement levers (E-Auction, GVS sourcing, bundling, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience in working across cross functional teams
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient knowledge of SAP
Preferred Knowledge / Skills, Education and Expertise
You will move to the top of the pack with the following:
• Fluency in Spanish
• Prior Project Management experience
• Master or Business degree
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.