Warehouse Operator - 1st Shift
Business Unit: Logistics
Requisition Number: 241399
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Energy Management Division is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. The portfolio includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid solutions and high-voltage transmission systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Communication: Openly and actively, communicate internally through the respective Dept., and externally with every other department. Ensure communication occurs with all peers in a polite and professional manner. Follow the open door policy, informing your chain of command with your issue, and if unhappy with the answer presented, request a conversation at the next level. Directly responsible for ensuring a clean and clear work area for teammates to fully perform their job duties and our expectations. Actively provide feedback to leads, trainers, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad.
Productivity: Monitor your work performance, to develop sense of pride in your work and sense of urgency. Actively provide feedback to leads, supervisors and managers on all daily incidents, good and bad. Become authority on key metrics and how they are derived, and ensure you understand how you will be measured. Be clear and concise on direction(s) given and follow-up. Address Ineffective or counterproductive processes.
- Must be able to maintain forklift certification.
- Support tasks such as Picking, Packing/Auditing, Loading, Replenishment, Cycle Counting, and Receiving/Putaway functions.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of productivity and team focus.
- Report all equipment, order, location, inventory, or process issues to the designated team member.
- If in doubt, talk to your lead, supervisor, coordinator, or all of the above as needed. Interacts with Supervisor, Coordinators, Inbound, Inventory control, and Outbound staff to reconcile open issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer skills required, to include warehouse management systems experience.
- Material Handling Experience required Minimum of 3: Stand Up Dock Truck, Order/Stock Picker, Sit down Forklift, Tugger/Cart, Walkie Rider, or any equivalent.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and/or PKMS Warehouse Management System preferred. 2-3 years of direct operations experience.