Senior Product Engineer Logistics Specialist
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 241404
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Logistics Specialist for the Knoxville Service Operations Group
This is a role well suited
to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Logistics
Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Spare parts logistics and maintenance
- Product Tracking
- Product Obsolescence planning
- Service monitoring
- Installed base maintenance
- Systemic failure investigation
- Data Analytics
This position may suit you best if you
are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Ownership of service logistics within MI BL
- Liaison between MI BL and CSML
- Manage obsolescence of service parts by attending and providing information / calculations for LTB meetings and Obsolescence Roadmap Team (ORT) meetings
- Assist with identifying, creating and maintaining spare parts as required
- Assist in logistic planning for Field Updates (UIs) as required
- Manage spare parts Harvesting
- Work closely with CS managing SPC content
- Assist in SPUR and DOA teams
- Assist as necessary with product tracking, installed volume reporting, product failure investigations and planning for product obsolescence issues for PET/CT products.
- The ability to work effectively within the framework of a cross functional team. Must be able to work effectively with country service organizations worldwide, and with the central service organization in Germany.
- Good organizational skills and should be experienced in working with databases such as SAP
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Candidates with an Associate’s Degree and appropriate experience will be considered.
- Typically 2 – 5 years of successful experience in a logistics related field is required
- This is a customer service position; therefore excellent interpersonal skills are required. Must work well across functional lines (i.e. customers, service organizations, sales, marketing, engineering and manufacturing).
- Travel is less than 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.