Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 241419
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock is seeking a professional Associate Project Manager with a proven track record of working on complex projects. As our Associate Project Manager you will be responsible for supporting the execution of Intercity Passenger Railcar and 125mph Trainset projects typically ranging from $200M to $500+M in value and durations from 3-6 years. These complex and large-scale projects are executed throughout the US and Canada and have a high visibility for the public as they contribute to improving people’s transportation options. The Associate Project Manager will collaborate with his or her team at a large manufacturing facility where project management, engineering, procurement, and manufacturing are co-located. The Associate Project Manager will support the execution of the project in a matrix organization which includes a globally distributed team of experts across different time zones with a core team in Sacramento of approx. 20 people. Some team members will be working on other projects concurrently and part of the Associate PM’s responsibility is to follow up and manage schedule performance. In this exciting and critical role, you will support customer communication for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Vice President Commuter, Regional and Passenger Coaches and will work directly for the responsible Project Director
- The Associate Project Manager is responsible to support the PDir in project execution during phases including planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance.
- Support the PDir in leading discussions/negotiations with customers for scope clarification and changes in scope, cost and schedule.
- Lead design review activities for conceptual, preliminary and final design and manage the related technical requirements, documentation and system integration with the engineering team.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential problems, devise contingency plans.
- Drive project schedule for design, project milestones (utilizing Siemens’ milestone methodology), vehicle delivery and acceptance.
- Lead strategic project activities for engineering and procurement, as well as actions for manufacturing startup.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external stakeholders.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering,
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years of successful Project Management experience in complex projects in Rail Vehicle Manufacturing, Heavy Industrial Manufacturing or similar industries.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Travel: 25%. PM will travel for customer visits and supplier reviews for first article inspections and as needed to support manufacturing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5 years of experience related to the manufacturing of rail vehicles or heavy machinery preferred.
- Technical experience with rail vehicle project management, engineering, manufacturing preferred.
- Project management certification via PMI PMP certification is a plus.
- Technical experience with complex products/projects and system integration also considered.