Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 241448
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
As a key member of the Site Operation Support Americas team within CNS BOP TL, the Procurement Specialist will be responsible for direct and indirect purchasing for the tooling center in Wichita, KS. He/she will support the team by demonstrating skills /capabilities necessary to execute inventory control and procurement. Additionally, he/she will coordinate with other regional procurement groups in matters associated with supplier creation and qualifications, RFQ and competitive contracting of main WTG tools and equipment used during the construction phase of project management.
Organizes and controls the Supply Chain activities in the area of responsibility (e.g. Order management) with the objective of achieving cost benefits, delivery reliability and customer satisfaction through the best possible Supply Chain services (flow of material, value, information) as well as optimizing the processes and the use of resources.
* Completes regular forecasting and planning for a number of relevant indicators (e.g. turnover, production, inventories, changes in inventory, capital expenditure requirements, employee capacities, etc.).
* Analyzes, controls and reports on relevant KPI (e.g. productivity, profitability, capital tie-up, assets), detects and evaluates plan deviations, and derives recommendations for respective remedial measures.
* Performs qualified cost-and-profitability analyses for specific business cases (i.e. product launches, relocations, review of vertical range of manufacturing, etc.) to prepare respective alternative decisions.
* Develops supplier forecasts and determines logistical processes with suppliers.
* Introduces and implements logistical requirements regarding material provision and delivery as well as material phase-in/out in the PLM process.
* Plans and controls assigned inventories and stocks (e.g. supply level, planning adjustments, etc.), analyzes inventory changes and develops measures for inventory reduction.
* Analyzes and controls logistical processes (e.g. Cycle Time, First Pass Yield, On-time delivery, KPI of effectiveness, productivity, etc.), in order to detect process weaknesses and to start process improvements.
* Maintains a network and cooperates with all involved stakeholder in the respective processes.
Primary working conditions are an office environment. Travel to wind power site locations is required, which may include climbing wind turbines, working outdoors in cold or hot weather, and strenuous physical effort. International travel may be required. Total travel requirement expected to be approximately 15%.
Primarily internal contacts within Siemens Gamesa Region Americas and global counterparts.
Direction of Others
Provide specialized guidance or train support and/or professional staff. Leadership qualities and role model qualities demonstrated.
Key Working Relationships
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• BS degree in relevant business-related field from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant procurement and supply chain experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Preferred experience in SAP and other ERP/MRP systems.
• Knowledge of wind turbine construction business highly desirable.
• Strong analytical skills and theoretical background in Lean Principles.
• Critical decision making and extreme multitasking skills necessary in order to make timely deliverables.
• Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
• Ability to travel 15% to field construction sites and other SGRE office locations.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Must be able to work with and report out critical path plans of action to department heads.
Must be able to demand plan commodity buys for critical path items with accurate 18 month forecast (rolling).
Should be able to train and teach others on team to assist in non-critical items report outs and forecasts.