Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 241467
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire an analytical Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer in the domain of embedded systems for rail signaling and on-board equipment. The role of the Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer will include responsibilities regarding design and development for new and enhancements of existing products.
For this role, you should possess a good work ethic and a solid understanding of electrical engineering principles, digital and analog design practices, some CPLD experience, background knowledge in signal processing and/or network communications and be capable of translating functional requirements into efficient working designs. You will be required to be a hands-on engineer. You must have strong written and verbal communication skills and can work independently, yet collaboratively, in multidisciplinary team environment.
You will utilize your technical expertise to provide imaginative, thorough, and practical organizationally aligned solutions to new development and sustaining challenges. You must be comfortable with the application of technical theories and concepts in developmental environments and have some level of general knowledge of other related disciplines such as printed circuit board design, and system engineering.
We're looking for someone who will be comfortable in an environment where quick, innovative and cost saving solutions work hand in hand with trouble shooting and sustaining existing design platforms.
This Role will include the following responsibilities:
- Performs complex maintenance, enhancement, testing and support of existing hardware.
- Completes complex design, development, testing, and modification of hardware while adhering to manufacturing capabilities.
- Performs the quality process by the detailed execution of module, sub-system and system test procedures.
- Completes estimates for complex task duration, supporting the process for developing and maintaining schedules, cost and quality.
- May complete complex technical writings.
- Completes review of complex specifications and other documentation to determine hardware engineering requirements.
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of electronics design through successful completion of moderately complex assignments.
- Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of electronics design.
- Perform initial hardware check-out and debug. Hands-on bringing up testing and validation of boards designed.
- Schematic design for multi-layer PCB design. Guide PCB layout designer from placement to finish.
- Generate design documents, block diagrams, BOM’s and prototype test plan
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Qualified applicants will have 6+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of designing mixed-signal hardware featuring FPGA, Processors, Microcontrollers, ADCs/DACs, (POL) DC/DC converters, etc.
- Understanding of design principles (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis).
- Advanced Degree preferred, Masters, PhD, or MBA. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience.
- Technical knowledge signaling, operations concepts in rail industry, rail products
- Experience with Safety critical/Vital systems
- Knowledge of FCC guidelines for emissions and susceptibility.
- Familiarity with circuit card design, implementation, integration, and test and validation
- Rail product printed circuit board design experience
- Knowledge of RF
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.