Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 241476
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elk Grove Village
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Motion Control Business Unit is seeking a Segment Controller for its Machine Tool Business to be an integral and driven member of this highly visible, dynamic and hard-working team. The qualified candidate will possess a BS or BSBA in Finance or Accounting and have 3+ years previous experience in managing a P&L including budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, reporting and controlling in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment.
The Machine Tool Business is selling Sinumerik CNC Systems from its German headquarter to the US market. The Segment Controller will work with the technical head and the entire team to provide a transparent and all-encompassing controlling ensuring that financial aspects are considered in all business decisions and that all financial processes are managed neatly. KPIs are controlled in large detail and processes are optimized to suit the business needs.
The successful candidate will display a strong sense of drive and ownership of their role of leading all financial aspects of the >40M USD segment MTS.
- As Segment Controller for Motion Control you will manage all Financial Processes for the MTS segment, including planning, forecasting and reporting of all KPIs with an own LOA being an equal partner to the Segment Head and supporting them and the MTS team to achieve the business goals.
- Your active drive and involvement in all strategic topics (Growth initiatives, HC investment, etc.) will ensure all financial aspects are considered at any business decision. Your responsibility will be the execution of all segment relevant activities including the country concept initiative (multiyear strategic growth plan) where you are responsible for controlling, tracking and reporting to ensure the growth plan is achieved.
- The Month End Closing activities for the Segment will be a key responsibility ensuring our books and records are auditable and IFRG conform.
- You will closely control all relevant business KPIs and ensure the achievement of targets within each. Where deviations are found you will take corrective actions with the team to ensure the segment meets its expectations. You will have a thorough understanding of each KPI and deviations of such, providing accurate commentary where needed. You will further initiate actions to achieve cost goals.
- You will be responsible for the VMM Aerospace controlling, a strategic global vertical to address the local aerospace customers. You will be holding regular performance reviews with the technical lead of this vertical.
- The regular profitability-, trend- and variance-analysis on Segment level will allow you to enhance transparency and to make recommendations to senior management. The monthly performance reviews with management will be a regular platform to address these.
- You will be the key interface for segment specific topics with our headquarter in Germany and you will ensure process and content alignment with them on topics like the strategic growth program and HQ funding.
- You will support the BU Management with Ad-Hoc analyses proving high quality in limited available time as well as with presentations internally as well as externally
- The constant optimization of processes and status quo is one integral part of this role where you will actively strive to improve
- You will work closely with the extended finance community and continuously enhance and improve reporting process and standard reports to achieve highest data quality and meet any given deadline
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS or BSBA in Finance or Accounting
Minimum of three years of experience in managing P&L including financial scenarios, product cost calculations, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, reporting and controlling in a Multinational Corporate Controlling environment
Demonstrates strong sense of ownership and drives improvement throughout the entire organization
Highly developed analytical skills and detail-oriented work style. Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and documentation methods to consolidate and validate large quantity of information and complex business issues
Advanced working knowledge of SAP (FI/CO), Essbase and Hyperion
Ability to effectively manage deadlines and prioritize in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision. Proven work experience under pressure
Detail oriented with the ability to gather, structure, consolidate and analyze large amounts of financial information and develop an overarching view, also in graphical format, that describes the key message for Management’s use and colleagues
Self-motivated; can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; consistently pushes self and others for results
Team oriented; gets along well with others; strong sense of emotional awareness; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
Solid business acumen and ability to interact and communicate with all levels of Management within the Division
Ability to manage up, down, and in all directions without express authority; building appropriate rapport with colleagues at all levels of the organization
Highly proficient in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and Thinkcell
Demonstrably creative; comes up with new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings
Desired Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- CPA, MBA, CMA or other advanced certifications
- Experience in programming macros and automating reports as well as with Essbase & Webfocus Experience with Webfocus and Tableau