Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241505
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Other Locations: United States-Oregon-Beaverton, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-California-Hayward, United States-California-San Diego
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
As the IT Solution Architect you will have the opportunity to be part of an exciting team responsible for the delivery of innovative building technologies. As an IT/Network lead and Subject Matter Expert, you will provide sales and operational support in the pursuit of complex technical projects. The IT Development Professional will be expected to provide leadership, overall technical direction, and guidance to the customer based on Siemens standards and best practices. This position will be responsible for assisting sales and operational teams through various stages of the project life-cycle; from pursuit, execution, and beyond. As a trusted adviser and reliable partner, a system integrator, service provider and product vendor, we help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – we are creating perfect places.
This is an IT / Network Engineering centric role which will require working in various team environments. This role is customer focused and requires efficient communication skills, including the ability to distill complex technical issues and effectively communicate outcomes to nontechnical audiences.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Provide technical delivery for complex network and/or integration projects
- Maintain technical expertise on IT related solutions, tools, and products through continuing education initiatives
- Assist in the development and delivery of formal cost and technical proposals
- The creation of schematic designs, bill of materials, and scopes of work as related to IT / Network architecture and as required to fully elucidate and summarize complex integration projects
- Project documents review (RFP, RFI, etc.) and strategy formulation to address IT requirements
- Project cost development in close collaboration with sales and operations teams including budgets and value engineering exercises
- Field application engineering including site surveys, customer needs assessments, troubleshooting, software updates, etc.
- Collaboration with multiple manufactures and 3rd party service providers as needed to fulfill project requirements
- Zone based resource reporting to National IT Field Operations Manager
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in Information Systems/Technology, Network Engineering or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IT/Networking
- 5+ years of experience in converged building infrastructure solutions
- Current advanced networking certifications – (CompTIA Network+ or CCNA Minimum)
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and remediate issues pertaining to advanced IT networks and solutions
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Visio
- Significant experience working and collaborating in a team environment - leveraging remote collaboration platforms
- Strong understanding of IT/Networking and Low Voltage markets including a thorough understanding of construction procurement and management processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- COMPTIA CySA+ (Cybersecurity Analyst) Certification is highly desired
- IT/ELV manufacturer certifications are highly desired
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.