Products Technology Manager
Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 241513
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Products Technology Manager
Siemens Process and Safety Consulting provides world-class software, services, and expertise to the global oil, gas, and petrochemical industries that enhance operator’s process safety and operations excellence. For more than two decades, Siemens software and services solutions have been regarded as mission critical and were deployed at enterprise-level within many global industrial companies.
In order to support the growth of profitable software portfolio and to continue advancing products technologies offerings to exceed market and client requirements, we are seeking to appoint to the position of Products Technology Manager based in Houston, Texas. This function will be responsible for driving the efficient and effective implementation of the business innovative technology strategy across all software products with seamless alignment with respective product managers, customers, sales, and strategic partners to achieve business goals on time and on budget of client and market needs are met.
The Products Technology Manager will report directly to the Head of Technology and Consulting of the Siemens Process and Safety Consulting business.
Lead the execution of a cross-all-products cohesive vision, strategy, and roadmap of products technologies specific to cloud services, web applications, data mining, predictive analytics, and data visualization (collectively Technology Features) to ensure on-time on-budget product features delivery that exceed client and market expectations.
Work collaboratively with Product Managers, Product Development, and Technology Partners to obtain consensus where necessary and ensure efficient and effective delivery of cutting-edge product technology features that are aligned with respective products strategic visions and roadmaps
Maintain constant surveillance and awareness of the markets, clients (existing and future), users, and competition technology to effectively identify clients’ needs, market trends, and be the voice of the customer to generate strategic technology enhancements backlog
Develop and manage a plan for collecting voice of the customer data early in the development cycle. The plan should address methods to be used, definition of the customers to be talked to, resources required, and the schedule for the investigation effort
Collaborate with Product Managers and Business Development teams to identify market opportunities, build business cases, generate leads, and execute technology projects
Maintain awareness of competitive products, potential competitive products, competitors, and competitor capabilities specific to products Technology Features and use-cases
Effectively communicates products Technology Features strategy and plans with management to obtain required decisions, resources, or management support and minimize change impact on deliver to market plans
Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
Develop, evaluate, and refine effective promotional and marketing messages of Technology Features and collaborate with Product Management, Sales, and Marketing teams to integrate these messages into respective products marketing campaigns
Define and implement technology features requirements in the respective products and represent the user during design, feature review, and testing.
Develop and execute the product’ Technology Features requirements (Predevelopment Phase) and accept the technical quality of the product before it is released to end users
Manage the operations phase of product’s Technology Features including demo, training, support, and maintenance processes utilizing available internal and external resources
Coordination with Project Management and Software Development teams for product Technology Features development project
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in a Product Management, Engineering or Technology Strategy role
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience working within the process industries (example Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Chemicals) to develop and implement emerging technology use-cases for software solutions
- Proficiency in designing, developing and deploying cloud-based solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or other cloud platforms and services
- AWS Solutions Architect and AWS SysOps certified
- Experience with data mining, predictive analytics, and data visualization technology platforms and tools.
- Understanding and awareness of PLM process
- Experience working on enterprise products in oil, gas, and petrochemical market
- Demonstrated adaptability and accountability to achieve business goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, analytical and influencing skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers
Able to travel up to 25% of the time