Buying Specialist- Painted Post, NY
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241516
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
As a Buying Specialist you will be coordinating purchases and deliveries for small machined or finished complete parts such as rings, gaskets, pumps, fasteners or services.
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company and affiliates.
- Develop strategies to reduce lead-times and improve cycle-times for your assigned commodities and part families. Example: Blanket orders, touchless PO, price lists etc.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data on the computer based planning system with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet customer requirements and the requirements of the shop floor and ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Develops in conjunction with proper planning function, inventory plans that insure inventory levels are adequate, but not excessive.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased materials and/or services.
- Evaluates supplier performance using the Company supplier rating model, and participates in continuous improvement efforts with suppliers.
- Supports project management and selling efforts during the proposal and order processing stages.
- Process scrap or reworked parts to supplier and follow the required documentation process.
- Manager supplier delivery performance to meet 100% to the suppliers first promise and 95% to our client request date.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business or technical curriculum
- Up to 2 years of experience required to coordinate purchases and deliveries for small machined or finished
- Must obtain a C.P.M. within 2 years of position effective date
- Strong written and oral communication in English language
- Highly skilled with Microsoft office products (Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Must be customer focused and a collaborative team player
- Ability to assess priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand sense of urgency
- Self motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills
- Masters Degree supply chain, business or technical curriculum
- 5 years of experience coordinate purchases and deliveries for small machined or finished