Financial/Commercial Project Manager - Large Projects
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241520
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Morrisville, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-Florida-Miramar
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 45%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Financial / Commercial Project Manager (Large Projects) – Project Controller
- Highlight: Great opportunity to work for a large multinational company in a field capacity. Including interactions with all aspects of operations, sales, procurement, quality, accounting and finance. The Commercial Project Manager is hands on with the project supporting the Project Manager and driving direct financial success. This position exposes you to a full value chain business of solutions, services and energy projects.
- Division Overview: The Siemens Smart Infrastructure Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. As a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection, life safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), and energy management.
- Specific Organization: This position supports the Southeast Zone which is responsible for driving the full suite of Building Technologies business in the exciting growing markets across 8 states (Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Puerto Rico). Each Zone operates as an individual unit of Building Technologies, allowing for an extremely entrepreneurial and customer facing environment within a large corporation.
- Assignment Overview: Our primary focus in the financial organization at BT is to strengthen the financial results of the Zone (business knowledge, process and policy guidance, ensuring accuracy of the financial statements, etc.) We also support the back office processes of a highly complex business model through booking, billing and collecting. The Commercial Project Manager reports to the Senior Director of Finance for the Southeast. The position will be located preferably in Atlanta, GA, or Charlotte, Raleigh or Miami which are major FBA hubs with easy airport access to the rest of the Zone locations.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
The Commercial Project Manager (Large Projects) (CPMlp) is responsible for all commercial aspects related to customer contracts (Projects) starting with the pre-acquisition phase through the project execution phase. The CPM is fully responsible for the financial and commercial management (costs, revenue and cash flow) throughout the project. This encompasses revenue controlling, performance measurement, planning, forecasting and reporting. The primary contacts for the CPM include Customers, Suppliers and Project Managers. The CPM will partner with the Project Manager to execute projects ranging from $1m - $3m in value with duration of 1-4 years.
The CPM ensures proper financial project set up including WBS structure in line with approved project budget and internal contractual arrangements. Set up of a financial performance plan for the project based on the planned delivery schedule and manage it throughout the project execution phase.
- Maintain Estimated at Completion (EAC) project plans and costs
- Manage all functional departments in a matrix environment for a successful project result
- Provide risk management and opportunity management
- Responsible for contract and claims management
- Interface to external customer on project progress and any contract or financial issues
They are critical to driving the most successful outcome of a project to the bottom line (profit and cash) success of the company.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Required education: Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance or Certified Project Management background
· SAP (FI/CO, SD and PR modules), Microsoft Suite with strong Excel skills, Collaboration Tools
· Industry/business acumen (Construction market / Building Automation, Fire & Security Industries)
· Knowledge, skills, or expertise preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) or certified Commercial Project Manager (CPM), Financial Analysis, Process Flow / Improvement (Six Sigma or like)
- Basic knowledge of commercial contract law
- Working knowledge of Accounting and Controlling principles and procedures
- Working knowledge of internal workflows and involvement of various departments during project lifecycle
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.