Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 241527
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Smart Infrastructure Low Voltage is searching for an organization development and training professional to join our growing team in Spartanburg, SC. This individual will work in a highly collaborative environment to analyze training needs, design and develop content, define measurement strategies to assess the effectiveness of learning programs, and manage business-wide tracking of all trainings'. This report to the EHS Manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Spartanburg factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
The individual will need to exercise a high-level of independent judgement and discretion while evaluating, designing, coordinating and delivering a comprehensive range of learning and education programs for both internal employees and customers. This requires interacting with all levels of staff, gaining a keen understanding of the business and products, collaborating with various internal and external business partners, and continuously looking for ways to enrich the employees’ knowledge and professional development.
• Collaborates with business leaders throughout the organization to develop curriculum design, implementation and evaluation.
• Creates training plans and curriculum that align with the department and individual business objectives
• Designs, develops, evaluates and updates training content, materials, manuals, tests and related training aids to ensure optimum effectiveness
• Determines most effective instructional methods and tools based on assessment and/or specified training needs including individual training, group instruction, demonstrations, meetings, eLearning, workshops, refreshers, in person, virtual, and/or self-study.
• Manages administrative functions necessary to deliver, document, and track training programs. This includes scheduling, employee notification, and arranging for facility set-up.
• Prepares and reports on training delivery and curriculum effectiveness
• Identifies vendor solutions with the assistance of our Learn@Siemens partners to meet business training objectives.
• 3-5 years of experience in training and development or human resources in manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of and experience with learning management systems.
• Ability to build collaborative relationships with all levels in the organization.
• Strong administrative, organizational, and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within scope, on time, and on budget.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate, identify and plan for obstacles or barriers to learning and performance support solutions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficient computer skills including Outlook and MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• High Level of professionalism and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask and handle a high volume of work accurately.
• Must be a self-starter and excellent relationship builder.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.