Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241539
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this position performs or assists with installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with automatic building control systems, fire management, security CCTV, audio and energy management systems. May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
· Installs or assist with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with fire, security, and energy management systems.
· Installs and mounts electric/electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components.
· Performs interlock wiring as required.
· Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start up.
· Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
· Disconnects and dismantles electric/electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED.
· 1+ yrs electrical and electronic installation experience or 3 yrs electrical trade experience.
· Required travel: 20%
· Must be able to acquire local certifications and licenses.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be physically able to climb, work in high places and/or confined spaces.
· Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Associates degree or other technical training and mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.