Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 241542
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
As a Customer Service Representative you will:
- Prepares, reviews and books customer orders / revisions to orders.
- Reviews customer orders and checks consistency and completeness in cooperation with all involved stakeholders on both customer side and Siemens' sales or project management organization.
- Supports the Client Technical Specialist and Client Service Manager on a small Team to complete Customers requests and orders.
- Initiates sales orders / purchase orders to vendors according to customers' requirements.
- Ensures timely shipment / billing of equipment.
- Interfaces with factory and product / marketing groups to resolve configurations and technical changes.
- Evaluates and monitors profitability for sales orders in backlog.
- Determines discount rates applied at time of sale per company policy.
- Resolve issues related to transaction quality.
- Guides the customer sales support process related to factory tours, product demonstrations or presentations, new product trainings, field sales support and pricing.
- May sign off on small / non-bids and proposals (Bid Manager).
- May also validate/endorse the technical solution in small countries.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School diploma / GED
- Up to 2 years Customer Service work experience
- Strong communications skills at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills within a fast pace environment
- Intermediate level experience utilizing Excel reporting to capture sales, quotes, request, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Power-point)
- Travel up to 5% (Domestic/International)
- Associates Degree in Business or related Customer Service Degree
- 3+ years of Customer Service experience
- Preferred Oracle and/or SAP experience