Associate Project Manager - Building Automation Solutions
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241552
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is currently searching for an Associate Project Manager - Building Automation Solutions to join our growing team in Morrisville, NC.
Assists in the development of project/program plans. Assists in the delivery of routine projects or programs. Assists in routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). Assists with technical review of system design and documentation. Assists in continuous improvement activities. May assist in sales activities and client relationship.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Manages small to mid-size
jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises,
directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design,
installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned
projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
Analyze assigned projects; identify all risks and opportunities throughout the project lifecycle. Manage and prepare risk mitigation strategies as required.
Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services. Prepare and execute subcontracts with all required external installers.
Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
Provide proper safety conditions for project employees. Maintain knowledge of all internal and customer safety regulations and requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field.
· Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations.
· Specialized skill training/certification may be required (CAPM with 1 year of being hired).
· Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
· Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
· Previous project management experience.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.