Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 241557
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Sr. Supply Chain Management Engineer
- Coordinate activities to assure supply chain material readiness and quality for any design change or process change
- Release and implement engineering change orders (ECOs) related to design transfer to manufacturing
- Release and implement work instruction and process for manufacturing.
- Engage with operations, vendors and contract manufacturers to ensure timely production of material and service
- Develop and optimize manufacturing processes for new and existing that reduces costs, labor, product variability and improves lead time and yield
- Provide timely resolution of product, process and equipment problems in the form of short and long term solutions, and understand root cause to implement CAPA and avoid recurrence
- Identify efficiency gains and process improvements in manufacturing
- Participate in cross functional teams with focus on manufacturing efficiency and standardization (specifically validation, labeling, assembly, testing, packaging, and engineering change orders)
- Lead cross-functional team for production projects and communicate project expectations effectively to team members (both internal and external) and stakeholders
- Conduct product supply chain evaluation, verification, and validation
- Drive root cause analysis and corrective actions with teams for customer complaints in the field or process failures in the factory
- Drive continuous quality improvement initiatives resulting from internal and external audits
- Provide knowledge-based technical support on both product and process
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- BS in BME/BioE, EE, IE, ME, or related discipline or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- 5+ years relevant working experience or equivalent education.
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows Office tools (Excel, Word, Visio, and Powerpoint)
- Project management or engineering experience in manufacturing
- Sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability with strong organizational skills
- Effective communicator internally and externally
- Experience in process development for both business and manufacturing.
- Experience with manufacturing process/equipment validation
- Strong knowledge and experience with root cause analysis and corrective action
- Ability to travel 10% to 15%
- Work experience with SAP is highly desired
- Work experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Work experience with medical device manufacturing
- Knowledge in medical device regulations including ISO 13485 and CFR 820
This is a role well suited to an
ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. Supply Chain Management Engineer, you will be responsible for:
position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do
develop your career with Healthineers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.