Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241567
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
- Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Pursues, Estimates, and Processes Change Order Opportunities
- Creates, reviews, and ensures compliance with Project Schedules
- Manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
- 5+ years of experience leading construction projects.
- Previous Project Management Experience – Preferably in Construction
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
- Knowledge of industry fundamentals and business operations
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP Certification
- Experience Supervising, directing, and motivating professional teams.
- Mechanical or HVAC Background/Experience
- HVAC Controls Experience
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.