Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 241571
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Support Specialist is a very important member of the team that works to keep our customers buildings safe, comfortable and smart.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
· Support and assists in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed. Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; understands job specific programming via computer for system controls; supports the upload of point database, assists with the modification of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Network Technologies: Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
· Assist with the electrical installation of building automation controls devices and components.
· Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
• High School Diploma or Board of Education approved GED required
• Demonstrate mechanical and/or electrical aptitude via professional or academic experience.
• Ability to use small hand tools, ladders, laptop, Smartphone and tablet.
• Must be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license in good standing, in order to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future need for sponsorship.
• Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational/technical training.
• Proficiency with Windows Operating Systems, MS Office and AutoCAD
• Experience with HVAC installation, troubleshooting and start-up (residential or commercial) and/or electrical components (e.g. relays, communication wiring, power supplies, low voltage, etc.)
• Experience verifying and documenting installation of equipment, working on construction sites, and/or working with building automation systems