Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 241616
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Staff Ultrasound Systems Engineer
This is a role well suited to an
ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Ultrasound Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
This position is a senior engineering role responsible for: lead and contribute to major portions of innovation projects and product developments; design, develop and evaluate ultrasound imaging features/technologies to assess clinical value and relevance; support/lead product development and release as needed. Key focus is on ultrasound systems engineering, including ultrasound signal chain (frontend, beamforming, signal processing, image processing) design and implementation, imaging feature development, and image quality optimization and clinical evaluation. This position supports research and development of cardiovascular ultrasound systems.
The Staff Ultrasound Systems Engineer works with cross-functional product development team and provides technical leadership in:
- Defining and implementing ultrasound signal chain for new product introduction, key domain areas include transmitting and receiving frontend, beamforming, signal processing for b-mode, color flow, spectral Doppler, and other advanced features.
- Total ownership of image quality, from transducer specification, system performance verification, engineering and clinical image optimization, and customer support.
- Leading systems-level product development, owning design specifications and verifications that complies with related medical device regulations/standards (FDA, IEC, etc.), and internal quality management and design control processes.
- Driving innovation and continual improvement of imaging performance all the way from concept generation, to prototyping, and product implementation.
- Mentoring and coaching junior team members; leveraging knowledge, experience to elevate the technical/clinical capabilities of team; driving collaboration and team work.
position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do
develop your career with Healthineers
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related fields;
- Ph. D preferred
- Minimum 4 years in medical imaging product development (including significant experience in imaging algorithms and ultrasound image optimization).
- Demonstrated technical abilities; ability to coordinate development efforts of a highly technical group
- Knowledge of regulations for medical devices
- Knowledge on cardiovascular ultrasound applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to change and work in a rapidly-evolving environment
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.